In this course you will examine educational leadership and mentorship practices, including supervision through the lens of mentorship. We will collaboratively engage in conversations and activities that are grounded in a learning-centered, evidence-based approach which focuses on students’ learning as well as your own. Specifically, you will draw upon scholarly literature to lead an initiative of your interest, participate in a learning community, and gather evidence of learning and growth. Activities incorporate the flexibility to ensure that this course best meets your current teaching and learning needs. By the end of the program, you will lead and evaluate a new or existing initiative that helps others to strengthen their teaching and learning practices. You will also articulate an educational leadership and mentorship philosophy statement, and document their learning and growth in a curated dossier.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explore scholarly research and practices related to educational leadership and mentorship, including supervision through the lens of mentorship.
- Participate in an opportunity to further develop one’s educational leadership and mentorship skills and abilities.
- Lead a new or existing initiative related to educational leadership or mentorship to help others strengthen their teaching and learning practices.
- Implement methods for evaluating and assessing one’s own educational leadership or mentorship practices.
- Articulate an educational leadership or mentorship philosophy statement and document and communicate one’s contributions, impact and goals in a curated dossier.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Academic Staff Non-credit Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Optional Courses