In this course you will explore teaching and learning theories, practices, and assessments as they relate to your teaching context and priorities. We will engage in conversations and activities that are grounded in a learning-centered, evidence-based approach which focuses both on students’ and one’s own learning. We will examine practices such as
- innovative and high impact teaching approaches,
- aligning learning activities with assessments,
- setting clear expectations for both teaching and learning,
- providing and gathering feedback,
- and critically reflecting on one’s own teaching.
Activities and assessments pertinent to your teaching experience and context will be made available to ensure that this course best meets your current teaching and learning needs.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Examine key learning theories and approaches in light of your own teaching practice
- Critically reflect on and document your teaching and learning using multiple sources of evidence
- Apply evidence-based practice to plan and align innovative courses, activities, assignments and/or other learning experiences
- Implement methods to assess student learning
- Create or refine your teaching philosophy statement and dossier