Videos can be used within an educational context to introduce new concepts, demonstrate new skills or complement classroom activities. In this session, we will provide an introduction to storyboarding and video production basics. We will showcase a few resources and applications accessible to the UCalgary community, including YuJa, the UCalgary IT Software Distribution site and the Design Studio at the Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning. There will also be time after the course for individual projects and questions.
You will learn to:
- Identify and utilize available technologies to create a simple teaching and learning video.
- Evaluate various types of educational videos and determine which form may best engage students and support the intended learning outcomes.
- Explore the process of video creation and learn basic editing tools.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses