From spontaneous places of discovery to intentional spaces of inquiry, when learning spaces are considered in designing your instruction, they can improve student learning outcome and promote learner-centered and interactive learning experiences. In this workshop, we will explore a variety of flexible spaces and technology-rich learning environments with the intention of considering how we can help provide students with more choice in how they learn and as a result, enhance their collaborative experience.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of using and adapting learning spaces to provide an enriching learning environment.
- Discuss strategies to leverage learning spaces to foster student engagement.
- Identify two strategies to implement to build a positive learning environment in a variety of learning spaces.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses