WordPress is a popular open source web publishing platform that can be used to build websites, such as blogs and ePortfolios. In this course, you will learn how to set up a WordPress account on ucalgaryblogs.ca, navigate the interface, create posts and pages, and add media such as images and videos. We will also cover how to customize the appearance of the site as well as extend the site functionalities using plugins. There will also be time after the course for individual projects and questions.
You will learn to:
- Explore the potential use of Content Management Systems like WordPress for teaching and learning.
- Create and design websites and blogs using WordPress
- Publish content online using WordPress
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses