Blended learning is the integration of on-campus learning experiences with online learning experiences (Kanuka & Rourke, 2013). While many institutions across Canada are offering blended learning courses, studies indicate that designing for an effective blended learning experience relies on how we view and use technology to enhance student learning, how we use class time, and how we share our experiences and understanding of the teaching and learning process (Kanuka & Rourke, 2013). In this workshop, we will use a variety of pedagogical approaches to explore ways we can gradually integrate learning technologies into a blended learning course to optimize student learning.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explore blended learning approaches, designs, and technology with the aim of engaging students in their learning.
- Recognize how integrating the online and face-to-face environments is essential to a quality student learning experience.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses