Flipped learning moves lectures along with other resources and activities online to focus class time on activities that allow instructors and students to work together with the course material. This workshop introduces the concept of flipped learning through various flipped learning models, strategies, and technologies to begin flipping a lesson or entire course. We will focus on getting familiar with flipped learning in order to create a flipped lesson, either online or in the classroom, that participants will share with the rest of the class. Join Isabelle Barrette-Ng and Patrick Kelly to begin flipping your own lesson and course.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Conceptualize how a flipped classroom could be structured.
- Explore various technology to create flipped content.
- Create a flipped lesson that includes online content, in-class activities, and a student assessment plan.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses