Grading methods range from multiple-choice exams to research projects to group presentations. These methods assess learning in different ways and provide meaningful feedback to help students with motivation and ongoing development. This workshop explores the possibilities of formal and informal assessments, using technology, creating rubrics and providing feedback.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Select appropriate assessment methods to evaluate student learning;
- Use an assessment rubric to provide feedback and measure student performance; and
- Explore methods to provide effective feedback to students.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses