Formative feedback is an intentional, voluntary development strategy for providing instructors with input on their teaching. The goal of formative feedback is to achieve better understanding and improve student learning. Participants will explore the concept of formative feedback, discuss a formative feedback framework and explore some practical strategies to incorporate into their teaching.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the intent and value of formative feedback
- Identify formative feedback resources
- Explore practical, ready to use, formative feedback strategies and techniques
Please Note: This is an asynchronous format course completed in D2L.
You will be enrolled in the D2L course and it will be available the day the course starts and open for a week for you to complete the requirements.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Emerging Teachers Development Badge - Optional Courses