Formative feedback is an intentional, voluntary development strategy for providing instructors withinput on their teaching. The goal of formative feedback is to achieve better understanding and improve student learning. Participants will explore the concept of formative feedback, discuss a formative feedback framework and explore some practical strategies to incorporate into their teaching.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the intent and value of formative feedback
- Identify formative feedback resources
- Explore practical, ready to use, formative feedback strategies and techniques
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Graduate Students : Required Courses
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Required Courses