This interactive session will introduce the University of Calgary’s teaching and learning environments. We invite you to consider communication strategies to implement in various aspects of your teaching roles. We will explore characteristics of our classroom environments, key features of communication and strategies for engaging students and communicating concepts. This workshop will allow you to develop and practice new strategies, meet people and build your confidence.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of a UCalgary learning environment
- Recognize the key features of communication
- Identify and practice ways to engage students and communicate concepts in the classroom
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Graduate Students : Required Courses
- Emerging Teachers Development Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Required Courses