Are you considering embarking on a SoTL investigation to help you better understand teaching and/or learning? This course details strategies you might use depending on the purpose of your investigation. Beginning with the question(s) you wish to explore about teaching and/or learning, we will discuss the SoTL question taxonomy, how to situate your research, consider methods for data gatheringand review the alignment to traditions of inquiry.
You will learn to:
- Describe what design alignment means within a SoTL research project
- Assess design alignment within a SoTL research project
- Summarize three strategies for prompting design alignment within a SoTL project
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Foundations Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Foundations Badge - Optional Courses