Participants are invited to think about research ethics in the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL). We will contemplate ethical considerations for all research involving human participants, with specific emphasis on SoTL. Participants will learn more about SoTL-specific ethical resources available through the Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning and elsewhere on campus.
By the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify and describe at least one ethical consideration to bear in mind when doing SoTL research
- Describe at least two strategies for ethical practice that can be used by SoTL researchers
- Locate the Taylor Institute’s “ethics guide” to help inform future SoTL projects
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Foundations Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Foundations Badge - Optional Courses