The scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) is an expanding, interdisciplinary field of practice that is characterized by evidenced-based approaches to improving university teaching and learning. Postdoctoral scholars are ideally positioned to engage in SoTL research! SoTL inquiry enriches research agendas in all disciplines, and provides an opportunity for collaborative development of research ideas. This workshop outlines the basics of SoTL inquiry and allows participants an opportunity to explore SoTL research questions and methods.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the SoTL field of practice and inquiry
- Develop a SoTL research question
- Identify appropriate research methods for a SoTL inquiry project
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Foundations Badge for Graduate Students : Required Courses
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Foundations Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Required Courses