Humans are naturally social beings and all human interaction takes place within settings such as the workplace, home, and communities. Mastering these interactions within these settings is vital. Social Intelligence (SI) is mostly learned and is developed from experiences with people and learning from successes and failures in social contexts. It is more commonly referred to as “tact,” “common sense,” or “street smarts.” Many people tend to value Intelligence Quotient (IQ) and Emotional Intelligence (EQ), but our “social intelligence” equally affects our relationships and is a much bigger part of our lives.
In this course discover how social intelligence is an essential aspect of self-awareness and can make you a well-rounded individual by enhancing your (IQ) and (EQ). Develop an awareness of how social dynamics, interactions, and reactions that govern social situations may enable you to build social intelligence. Examine strategies to improve your social intelligence in specific settings.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify different elements of social intelligence (SI) that help cultivate social awareness, recognize other’s intentions and communicate more profoundly
- Explore how SI can be applied to developing socially intelligent leaders who demonstrate social facility and are adept at resolving conflict
- Examine potential barriers to forming and sustaining social bonds; learn how to nurture more successful, dynamic and meaningful relationships and contacts
- Recognize how different social cues impact our ability to interact with others effectively and to network in social situations
- Analyze how SI can benefit you in both your professional and personal life
- Utilize SI strategies to create positive connections and increase your influence in various situations
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this course.
Program: Certificate for Emerging Leaders - Seminar Category/Topic Area: Professional Effectiveness
Program: Certificate for Front Line Leaders - Category/Topic Area: Leading Self
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Professional Skills Seminars