Set up and maintain your own responsive website in no time using WordPress, the vastly popular content management system (CMS) that’s free and open sourced. The self-contained platform includes all the tools you need for creating and customizing your WordPress site.
This course focuses on how to:
- Configure and customize WordPress
- Create and publish posts and pages using the Classic Editor and new Gutenberg Block Editor
- Customize the appearance of your website with themes, widgets, and menus
- Extend WordPress even further with a variety of plugins
- Incorporate web design best practices
Tips for sharing your website to promote your content, while keeping your site safe and secure will also be introduced.
This course is designed for those with no prior knowledge of coding or web development.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Use WordPress essential terminology to identify its benefits when compared to other website builders
- Design and produce a functional website to include content, images and other media viewable on the web
- Assess, install and activate themes and plugins to customize the appearance and extend the functionality of your website
- Plan and apply search engine optimization (SEO) and social sharing
- Apply sound techniques to maintain and secure your website
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Integrated Digital Media : Optional Courses