Microsoft PowerPoint allows the information worker to create and manage presentations.
Students will learn how to: add and edit text; create templates; add and modify slides layouts and themes; add and modify WordArt, graphics, shapes or illustrations, SmartArt, tables and charts; create and modify slide masters; add, remove and create custom animations; use slideshow features; create a presentation from an outline; import slides; insert hyperlinks, media clips and sounds; view and manage markups and comments; add signatures and security; remove hidden data; create self-running presentations and publish to a web server.
- Registrations within 24 hours of course start time must be made by phone (403-220-2866).
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a presentation
- Format a presentation using slide masters
- Customize presentation options and views
- Configure and present slideshows
- Insert and formats slides, shapes, text, tables, charts, SmartArt, images, and media
- Apply transitions between slides
- Animate slide content
- Set timing for transitions and animations
- Merge content from multiple presentations
- Track changes and resolve differences
- Print, save, protect and share presentations
- This course does not have prerequisites, students must however meet the recommendations and requirements in the Notes section along with any proficiencies identified below.
- Students must be familiar with the personal computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Students must have Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge, and be able to perform the following tasks:
- start and run Windows
- use the taskbar, Start button and Help feature
- use Minimize, Maximize, Restore Down/Up and Close
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately
- understand file management techniques
- navigate between files, folders, or drives
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Office Applications : PowerPoint Courses