Positive Psychology is a scientific field founded on the belief that people want to lead meaningful and fulfilling lives, to cultivate what is best within themselves, and to enhance their experiences of love, work, and play. Did you know that people who use their strengths are six times more likely to be engaged at work and three times more likely to report having an excellent quality of life? Discover the role of positive psychology and the science of strengths as they apply to your life. We will engage in self-reflection in order to maximize one's potential and cultivate positive relationships. Focus is on the practical application of positive psychology interventions that increase well-being. The Strengths Profile assessment tool will be used and is included in the course fee.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Discover their purpose and drive
- Identify their strengths to increase life satisfaction
- Define Positive Psychology
- Apply the Strengths Profile to measure performance and energy
- Create a focused action plan to implement findings from self-discovery
- Connect strengths and intrinsic values to life meaning within their personal and professional life
Please note that the course fee includes the cost of the Strengths Profile assessment, that must be taken at least three business days prior to the course, as well as a summary report of the assessment and an in-class workbook. If a participant completes the assessment and has to withdraw, a fee of $25 will be withheld.