Whether you work with a large firm or small company, learn to analyze data to assess the performance and competitiveness of your communication plans. Determine key performance indicators to monitor digital communication activities through paid and earned media tactics (or organic marketing strategies) using search engine marketing (SEM) and social media channels. Learn to develop insightful, visual reports that present the data you have analyzed to clearly inform and communicate the effectiveness of your communication plans.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define measurable objectives of your digital communications plan that align with your business goals, brand identity and reflect the digital audience and consumer path
- Evaluate analytics strategies and available analytics tools from a tactical perspective
- Understand audience segmentation from a data based perspective, and interpreting analytics data within a larger strategic plan
- Determine key performance indicators such as Cost per Click (CPC) and Click Thru Rate (CTR) to measure the effectiveness of your digital communication plan
- Demonstrate how to monitor, track and analyze your data across social, web and digital channels
- Create a communications analytics report
The content of this course is advanced. Previous knowledge of Marketing or Public Relations is necessary. Completion of BMC 313 and BMC 329 is recommended.
- BMC 313 - Metrics and Measurement – 20 hours
- BMC 329 - Digital Marketing – 30 hours
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Marketing Certificate : Optional Marketing Courses