Explore the fundamental principles of blockchain technology and its impact. Blockchain technology is a digital ledger that keeps records of transactions called blocks, that are linked together as a chain and secured by cryptography.
It is expected that companies will be adopting blockchain technology because of variety of applications in their value chain, such as storing data and running computer code called ‘smart contracts’. Learn how blockchain may impact your business, different industries, the economy, even your profession. This course is designed for non-technical individuals.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify what blockchain is and its different types
- Explain the differences between industrial blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies
- Evaluate the impact and value of blockchain to current business models and global sourcing of goods and services
- Identify the effects of blockchain technology to current professions
- Explore the gap blockchain will create between adopters and traditional business models
Topics of instruction
- History of blockchain: the silent 10-year revolution
- What is blockchain: distributed ledger, consensus, cryptography, smart contracts
- Types of blockchain: private, public and mixed
- Business management and blockchain: impact on decision making and distribution
- Internet of Agreements (IoA)
- Transforming supply chain and other business processes