How big is your ecological footprint? How quickly are we as humans exhausting the world’s natural resources? What can we do to stop it or at least slow it down?
This introductory course explores the impact of human activity on the planet and ways to ensure a sustainable future for everyone. Learn what you can do to help the environment, the people and the economy, locally to globally, to ensure a future. Explore different perspectives including social responsibility, environmental protection, and economic practice to discover how all the components are interconnected. Investigate new ways to create sustainable development and explore solutions to ensure our future.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the social, ecological, economic, cultural and political dimensions of sustainability
- Identify the benefits (promise) of and the barriers (challenges) to sustainability
- Explain the diverse ways in which sustainability is practised in real world situations
- Describe how sustainability will be implemented in their personal and/or professional lives
- Critically assess claims of sustainability using related tools and measures
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses