Writing for web involves creating relevant and compelling online content that will attract and motivate your user to take the next step. In this practical course, learn how to write engaging online content based on the needs of clearly defined user personas and your marketing goals and brand. You will explore the principles of writing for web through concepts like content chunking, information scent, front-loading and more. With guidance from the instructor, you will test concepts through weekly exercises, and give and receive feedback with your classmates in a supportive writing environment.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Write effective online content for homepages, emails, social media, landing pages, blogs, video scripts, and more.
- Develop a content strategy for a website, blog or workplace project.
- Define and build relationships with your target audience by crafting user personas centred on their needs and problems.
- Apply the principles of copywriting to drive key business goals related to brand awareness, search engine performance, and conversions.
- Define content marketing ethics and online writing practices for accessibility and inclusion.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Creative Writing Certificate : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Integrated Digital Media : Optional Courses
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Business and Technical Writing : Optional Courses
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Marketing and Public Relations : Optional Courses