Take your Python programming skills to the next level by learning to develop Python code for data analysis. Python is used to shape data for analysis, apply techniques to analyze statistics, and use data to make informed business decisions.
Through an introduction to Python libraries, students will focus on writing Python code specifically for data manipulation, processing and analysis.
This course is designed for intermediate-level Python programmers as well as software developers, data engineers and data scientists.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Design a systematic strategy to examine, manage and analyze data sets in a specific domain
- Manipulate, process, clean and crunch data using data sets
- Write code for data analysis using the Python language
- Demonstrate proficiency using basic Python maths and sciences libraries
- Perform fast mathematical and logical operation on large data sets
- Convert, manipulate and rearrange file text data into data sets format for data analysis
- Transform data sets to different forms for financial and economical analytical applications
Topics of Instruction
- Introduction to Python maths and sciences libraries for data analysis
- Multidimensional array and vectorized arithmetic operations between arrays
- Introduction to data structures and analysis in Python
- Manipulate, transform and rearrange data sets to different forms for data analysis
- Introduction to time series tools and file input/output objects
- Introduction to financial and economic data applications
- ICT 781 - Python Level 1 (Pass)