Testing is a critical phase of any project implementation; when implemented well, it is the foundation of ensuring quality in an overall solution evaluation. This course will provide a hands on approach to testing which will include how to identify test strategies, develop your test plan, define proper test cases, analyze test coverage, execute testing, perform defect tracking, and testing best practices. Real examples will be presented and students will develop a set of tools to help assess and make decisions regarding solution evaluation and testing.
Successful solution evaluation and testing is heavily reliant on the quality and execution of testing to ensure the accuracy, usability, functionality and reliability of the system. In order to achieve this, a comprehensive test strategy is necessary to build quality upfront while taking into account the complexity and risks associated with the solution implementation.
In this course, students will examine the different components that differentiate a sound test strategy and common pitfalls of a weak testing approach. To help achieve this, a set of practical tools will be taught providing students with the ability to analyze testing needs and deliver on a comprehensive test strategy.
The course is designed for business analysts, project managers and business users who wish to understand solution testing better. Many topics are touched on at a basic level so students will emerge with enough knowledge to feel comfortable planning for testing and executing for success.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the strengths of different test planning approaches and strategies
- Analyze and align with delivery methodology
- Determine types of testing using business-driven risk analysis criteria
- Define acceptance criteria
- Analyze solution testing needs and plan for scale
- Design tests for re-usability and test coverage
- Perform requirements traceability
- Identify best practices for testing solutions and tracking defects and enhancements
- Assess and decide on the reporting required throughout the testing lifecycle
Topics of Instruction
- Introduction to testing methodologies and strategies
- Overview of testing roles and responsibilities
- Develop a test strategy
- Risk based test planning
- Requirement analysis for testing
- Define test scenarios with associated acceptance criteria
- Define defect tracking
- Perform test execution
- Complete requirements traceability
- Track and report on test results
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Business Analysis : Core Courses