Microsoft Access Level 2 teaches students how to use advanced commands to work with forms, reports, designing tables, and manipulating queries.
Students will learn a variety of commands, functions, and database capabilities.
- Face-to-face in a lab
- Registrations within 24 hours of course start time must be made by phone (403-220-2988).
Course Level Learning Outcomes
- Coming Soon
Topics of Instruction
- Create Reports
- Utilize calculated fields and grouping within a query
- Build advanced select queries
- Use Controls in Reports and Forms
- Advanced Tables and Queries
- Set tab order in forms
- Modify form controls
- Move and delete form controls
- Edit forms
- Online and in class students need acess to Microsoft Access 2016 outside lab/class time to work on assignments, projects, or other course work. This software may be downloaded from Microsoft.
- The recommended textbook for this course is: Microsoft Access 2016 Certification Guide
- Print textbooks may be purchased from the University of Calgary Bookstore
- Online textbooks may be available from Safari Books Online (requires student registration)
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.
- Students must be familiar with the personal computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Students must have Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge, and be able to perform the following tasks:
- start and run Windows
- use the taskbar, Start button and Help feature
- use Minimize, Maximize, Restore Down/Up and Close
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately
- understand file management techniques
- navigate between files, folders, or drives
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Office Applications : Access Courses