Conflicts occur between management and labour, buyer and seller, between colleagues, and frequently, between managers in the same organization. Managers and employees may compete for financial and human resources; they may be in conflict over the policies and goals of the organization; or who has the authority to make decisions. Negotiation is a method to resolve conflict to reach an agreement that benefits both sides while recognizing that each side will protect its own self-interest. In this seminar, you will be introduced to the Creative Negotiating approach and steps in the negotiating process.
- Hard, soft and creative negotiating; What are the differences?
- Principles of Creative Negotiating
- Steps in the negotiating process
- Clarifying interests, issues and positions
- Measuring the outcomes of the negotiation
- Power in the negotiating relationship
- Alternatives to negotiating
- Communication skills in negotiating
- Dealing with your stakeholders
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Professional Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Personal Effectiveness Seminars