Microsoft SharePoint is a web application platform that can be used to provide content management, document and file management, intranet portals, collaboration, social networks, extranets, websites, enterprise search, and business intelligence. It also has capabilities around system integration, process integration, and workflow automation.
This course is designed for those who want to develop SharePoint End-User skills that can be used in organizations of any size. Whether you are new to SharePoint, or you are already comfortable working in SharePoint and want to learn about the newest features in SharePoint, this course provides an invaluable hands-on experience.
Students will learn how to create and format content, manage SharePoint sites, participate in user communities, configure and consume site search results, and integrate SharePoint services with Microsoft Office applications.
Registrations within 24 hours of course start time must be made by phone (403-220-2866).
Course Level Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Collaborate and share within teams
- Understand site structure
- Work with content in lists and libraries
- Control access to SharePoint sites
- Work with Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Collaborate with office programs
- Work with web pages
Topics of Instruction
Creating and Formatting Content
- Navigate the SharePoint hierarchy
- Manage lists and libraries, list items, and document sets
Managing SharePoint Sites
- Manage pages, Web Parts on a page, content types, and users and groups
- Administer a site
- Create Microsoft SharePoint Workspace sites
- Analyze site activity through searching and site search results
Participating in User Communities
- Configure and collaborate through My Site
- Tag and note content
- Run Microsoft Office 2016 applications with SharePoint 2016 services
- Students must be familiar with the personal computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Students must have Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge, and be able to perform the following tasks:
- start and run Windows
- use the taskbar, Start button and Help feature
- use Minimize, Maximize, Restore Down/Up and Close
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately
- understand file management techniques
- navigate between files, folders, or drives
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Office Applications : Optional Courses