To enrol in a University of Calgary Continuing Education course, you must be 18 years of age or older, unless otherwise specified as in the case of undergraduate academic preparation programs and programs that have been designed for youth. A minimum of a senior high school diploma and relevant work experience is recommended for most certificate and diploma programs, however, we encourage you to discuss your situation and needs with a program information specialist.
If English is not your first language, please review the English language proficiency requirements. If you have any questions, please contact a program information specialist at 403-220-2866.
Certificate and Diploma Admission Checklist
To help you get started we have created a checklist to ensure you have everything you need to enrol in the certificate or diploma program that is right for you...
- Meet the age requirements listed above.
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements.
- For admission to your specific program, please see the 'Admission' details on the appropriate certificate or diploma page.
- Consult the certificate or diploma timetable to assist with course selection.
- Ready to apply? Click here to get started.
- Pay the application fee (non-refundable).
University of Calgary Continuing Education programs are part-time/non-degree and do not qualify for study permit eligibility, with the exception of the full-time English Language Program.
Click here for more details.