Most of us learned the basic rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling in elementary school and have since forgotten many of these rules. Our digitized world also allows us to communicate without proper attention to good writing.
A well-written document – in business and our personal lives – is a reflection of our attention to detail and can mean the difference between getting and keeping a job. In this short graded course we will review the basic rules of language and spelling, identify the proper use of punctuation, and focus on common mistakes and writing dilemmas, and how to avoid them.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define the basic rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Demonstrate proper use of grammar, punctuation and spelling in your professional and personal writing
- Recognize commonly misspelled words
- Identify common grammatical and punctuation errors
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Creative Writing Certificate : Core Courses
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Business and Technical Writing : Core Courses
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Marketing and Public Relations : Core Courses