Reinforce your knowledge of the basic grammatical structures and learn how to talk about past events. Continue to build vocabulary and improve your listening and speaking skills.
Spanish 3 builds on skills acquired in Levels 1 and 2 and uses Como se Dice as the base text for instruction. Grammar is presented in a clear, logical manner and the course focuses on practical communication in natural, high-interest contexts. Students who wish to continue with Spanish are encouraged to look into the Certificate in Spanish Language and Culture http://conted.ucalgary.ca/spanish.
Level 3 covers lessons 7-8 and includes the following:
- Indirect object pronouns
- Constructions with gustar
- Time expressions with hacer
- Preterit of regular numbers
- Ordinal numbers
- Direct and Indirect object pronouns used together
- Preterit of ser, ir and dar
- Preterit of e:i and o:u stem-changing verbs
- Uses of por and para
- Formation of adverbs
PrerequisitesSPA 102 Spanish 2 or equivalent level of fluency as determined by the department.
Call (403) 220-2952 if more information is required.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Spanish Language and Culture Certificate - Level 1 : Core Courses