You should be comfortable saying basic phrases and forming simple sentences in the present tense. Expand your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary, and learn more about the culture of the Spanish-speaking countries.
Students of Spanish 2 will use Como se Dice as the text of instruction and may chose the customized version of Lessons 1 - 6 or the original version which contains Lessons 1 - 18. The course is delivered in a balanced, four-skills approach that adapts a range of teaching styles and course objectives. Grammar is presented in a clear, logical manner and the course focuses on practical communication in natural, high-interest contexts. Students enrolled in Spanish 2 and who wish to continue with Spanish are encouraged to look into the Certificate in Spanish Language and Culture: http://conted.ucalgary.ca/spanish
Level 2 covers lessons 4-6 and includes the following:
- Pronouns as objects of prepositions
- Present indicative of the irregular verbs ir , dar , and estar
- Ir a + infinitive
- Present indicative of e:ie stem-changing verbs
- Expressions with tener
- Comparative forms
- Irregular comparative forms
- Present indicative of o:ue stem-changing verbs
- Present progressive
- Uses of ser and estar
- Weather expressions
- Demonstrative adjectives and pronouns
- Present indicative of e:i stem-changing verbs
- Affirmative and negative expressions
- Verbs with irregular first-person forms
- Saber vs. conocer
- Direct object pronouns
PrerequisitesSPA 101 Spanish 1 or an equivalent level of fluency as determined by the department.
Call (403) 220-2952 if more information is required.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Spanish Language and Culture Certificate - Level 1 : Core Courses