Environmental management is the integration of environmental science and management. Discuss aspects and impacts, such as the pressures and responses of human activities on the natural environment. Tools and techniques for environmental management, as they apply to organizations and companies, are introduced. Examine the reasons and strategies for resource conservation, pollution prevention and environmental protection.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Appreciate the dynamics and processes that impact ecological systems.
- Appreciate the scale and extent of human impacts on the natural environment.
- Explore environmental and social issues related to economic development.
- Develop a greater understanding of the scientific and social components of environmental issues.
- Understand the basic components of a sustainable development framework, study concepts of sustainable development theory and practice.
- Develop an understanding of Environmental Management principles, Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and EM tools.
NotesThis course is recommended as the first course in the Environmental Management Certificate.
- Thomas A Brown
- Linda J. Harvey
- Sabina Isgandarova, Principal
- Aref Seyyed Najafi