Learn basic vocabulary, key phrases and introductory grammar in these interactive, conversational classes that form the foundation for moving on to higher levels.
This course uses a custom edition of Piazza as the base text for instruction. The innovative teaching method is based on an entertaining and communicative approach and involves the following:
1. accent on communication, with the objective of enabling the student to speak and interact in Italian
2. authentic language in both the oral and written extracts
3. real, non-stereotypical situations
4. inductive grammar
5. cultural sections full of information on Italy and Italians
6. learning strategies aimed at developing independent study
Each lesson covers: Speaking/writing; speaking practice/writing practice; grammar; communicative functions.