Course DescriptionExamine the specific listening and helping skills for establishing the advising relationship. Identify and develop these skills, within the context of assisting others, to explore career and academic issues, and clarify and pursue their career goals.
NotesStudents should expect to spend five to seven hours on coursework each week.
Required: BMC 352 Learning Online
It is not possible to register online for this course until you have successfully completed BMC 352 Learning Online or have a Learning Online Prerequisite Waiver in your profile. You may enrol in this course, by telephone, if you are enrolled in a section of BMC 352 that will be completed before this course begins.
Recommended: ADL 210 Career Development Foundations
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Career and Academic Advising : Career and Academic Advising Specialization Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in e-Learning : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Workplace Learning : Optional Courses
- Career and Academic Advising Certificate : Core Courses