This overview of operating a small decorating business will inform and guide new or aspiring decorators who have little or no experience operating a small business. Review areas of employment in the decorating field, qualities that contribute to success as a self-employed decorator, marketing basics, gaining practical experience, and remaining motivated. Also discuss client relations, your own goals and how to achieve them.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Decorating as a Business course, you will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Begin to build relationships with industry suppliers
- Understand project flow and business structure
- Understand billing and business structure
The refund/withdral policy can be found on this receipt or visit conted.ucalgary.ca and click Policies and Procedures.
Questions? Please call 403-220-2952
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Interior Design Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Optional Courses