Active and engaging discussion boards can bring an online course to life but they do not happen by accident, though. This interactive workshop will focus on sharing practical strategies for developing discussion boards that promote student learning that is active, meaningful, relevant, interesting and (hopefully!) fun. These strategies will be discussed in the context of good practices for online discussion boards.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Be able to describe at least three strategies they can use in their online discussion boards to promote student engagement and active learning
- Have an increased understanding of good practices for online discussion boards.
Please Note: This workshop will be delivered online through Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent to registered participants 1 to 2 hours prior to session.
** Only sections of TI 0724 running from September 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be counted towards the Learning Spaces Digital Pedagogies Badge, this offering will include additional tasks to be completed after the zoom session**
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Graduate Students : Optional Courses
- Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge for Postdoctoral Scholars : Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses