TOP II: Prepare to teach online
Register for TOP II (Weeks 4-6) if you have completed TOP I and are interested in putting theory into practice and applying what you learned in the previous course to personalize, plan, design, and create an online learning module using learning technologies to enhance learner engagement.
- Total Course: Approximately 6-9 hours
- Weekly Commitment: Approximately 2-3 hours per week
- Pace: Learner-led
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and dispositions informed by research and practices of online learning in higher education
- Investigate student-centered online learning within the context of their own discipline
- Select existing media and methods to meet specific student learning needs for a course they are developing or teaching
- Plan, design, and carry out projects addressing student learning needs online
- Develop an awareness of the complexity of online pedagogy and how this might influence their analyses and interpretations in their online teaching and learning practice
This non-credit Teaching Online Program offers digital badges that are issued to participants who successfully meet the expectations of each section.