Videos can be used within a course context to introduce new concepts, demonstrate new skills or complement classroom activities. In this session, we will introduce you to basic visual design, layout elements, storyboarding and video production basics. We will showcase a few applications which are available via the UCalgary IT Software Distribution site and in the Design Studio at the Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify and utilize available technologies to create a simple teaching and learning video.
- Evaluate various types of educational videos and determine which form may best engage students and support the intended learning outcomes.
- Explore the process of video creation and learn basic editing tools.
* There will also be time after the workshop for individual projects and questions.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Graduate Student Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses
- Postdoctoral Scholars Certificate in University Teaching and Learning : Learning Spaces and Digital Pedagogy Badge - Optional Courses