BMC 315 - Marketing: Business to Consumer
Business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing is concerned with selling products or services directly to customers. In order to turn shoppers into buyers, B2C marketing professionals need to know who their customers are, what motivates them to buy and how to deliver an offer they cannot resist. Learn how to build and implement creative advertising and direct response campaigns that will capture the attention of buyers. Through case studies and interactive exercises, build your knowledge of specific topics including audience segmentation, media planning, creative concept and message development, coupons and discounts, email campaigns and customer loyalty.
Course Learning Outcomes
Broad Learning Outcome
Upon completion of this course, you will understand the core components of B2C marketing and how they fit together to achieve your company’s marketing goals. You will be able to think strategically about who you should target and how.
Supporting Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the 4 P’s of marketing and concept of integrated marketing communications in a B2C context.
- Explore techniques in order to better understand your customer
- Explain how and why consumers’ make decisions or engage in behaviours that are important to marketers.
- Be able to apply the elements of the promotional mix.
- Recognize various tactics to engage your customer and build brand advocates.
- Learn how to build a powerful advertising campaign.
- Grasp the basics of measuring campaign results.