Web analytics, social media, web 2.0, mobile technology and other digital channels have opened the data floodgates but what does it all mean? This course will give you a framework for how to set-up, monitor, and measure the results of a digital media strategy or an integrated marketing campaign, digital or traditional, from beginning to end. Learn important skills for research and analysis, and explore a variety of marketing metrics and measurement tools available for measuring your return on marketing investment.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Understand the difference between measures and metrics
- Customize a generic model with appropriate measures and metrics to assess the effectiveness of most marketing programs by identifying and applying the concepts which build a successful model
- Source data to populate the model for measures related to Customer Acquisition and Sales:
- Source digital measures directly from Google Analytics
- Know where and how to source measures from traditional media or public relations sources
- Know when to use market research to supplement media metrics
- Know when to define other metrics for special purposes:
- Retention metrics to assess how well the company is holding its customers
- Predictive metrics to compare the future values of competing choices for marketing expenditures
- Apply metrics to influence future marketing programs
Student laptops are optional. There is no need for laptops on the first class.
NOTE: Take this course after completing BMC 167 – Marketing Principles. Proficiency in Excel to an advanced beginner level will be required to complete course assignments.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Marketing Certificate : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses
- Public Relations Management Certificate : Optional Public Relations Courses
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses