Explore retirement within the context of both traditional and current models, as well as the concepts of change and transition and implications on planning a successful retirement. Discuss a variety of retirement factors in the key life areas of of family, relationships, career, leisure and life purpose and meaning to help better understand your preparedness for retirement planning. If you are retired, or near retirement, and are looking to reinvent your future years, this course will provide the information necessary to assess current and future plans towards making retirement a reality. This course is not a financial planning course.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify different models of retirement
- Describe concepts of change and transition and their implications on making decisions in retirement
- Discuss a variety of retirement factors and the key life areas of family, relationships, career, leisure and life purpose and meaning
- Assess your readiness and preparedness for retirement
- Apply the steps required for a successful retirement