Explore retirement within the context of both traditional and current models, as well as the concepts of change and transition and implications on planning a successful retirement. Explore 15 factors in key life arenas of family, relationships, work/career, leisure and spirituality to help better understand your preparedness for retirement planning. If you are retired, or near retirement, and are looking to reinvent your future years, this course will provide the information necessary to assess current and future plans towards making retirement a reality. This course is not a financial planning course.
Note: An optional online assessment tool will be available. Please bring a cheque for $53.95 to the first class if you wish to purchase. This tool will measure individual preparedness for retirement factors but it is not required for the course.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify different models of retirement
- Describe concepts of change and transition and their implications on making decisions in retirement
- Identify the 15 Factors of a Successful Retirement in the six key areas of self, family, relationships, work/career, spirituality and leisure
- Assess your readiness and preparedness for retirement
- Apply the steps required for a successful retirement