Explore retirement within the context of both traditional and current models, as well as the concepts of change and transition and implications on planning a successful retirement. Explore 15 factors in key life arenas of family, relationships, work/career, leisure and spirituality to help better understand your preparedness for retirement planning. If you are retired, or near retirement, and are looking to reinvent your future years, this course will provide the information necessary to assess current and future plans towards making retirement a reality. This course is not a financial planning course.
Note: An optional online assessment tool will be available for purchase at an additional cost of $53.95. This tool will measure individual preparedness for retirement factors but it is not required for the course. The instructor will describe the tool in the first class. If you wish to purchase this tool, please log in to your student profile and from the Special Requests tab select the “CE PIW 125 Optional Retirement Assessment Tool,” or call 403-220-2866 during regular business hours.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify different models of retirement
- Describe concepts of change and transition and their implications on making decisions in retirement
- Identify the 15 Factors of a Successful Retirement in the six key areas of self, family, relationships, work/career, spirituality and leisure
- Assess your readiness and preparedness for retirement
- Apply the steps required for a successful retirement