FSW 157 - The Authentic Leadership Academy
This course is offered in partnership between David Irvine and the Faculty of Social Work.
True leadership with lasting positive impact comes from authentic presence and it is essential for renewing and sustaining workplaces that are depleted and where the human spirit is trampled, overworked, and undervalued. This course offers perspective and practices to access genuine and renewed authentic presence. The Authentic Leadership Academy is for those who understand the incredible responsibility of leadership and are committed to unleashing the best in themselves and their team. Come prepared to question everything you know about leadership and gain a roadmap to achieve new levels of impact and success.
For more detail on the Academy: https://davidirvine.com/a-three-day-authentic-leadership-academy/
Resources: All participants will receive a digital workbook and complete access to The Other Everest (an online course on Authentic Leadership Presence); In-person participants will also receive a hard copy workbook and a signed copy of David’s The Other Everest: Navigating the Pathway to Authentic Leadership.
Through a combination of practical skills, provocative lessons, and a journey into the human condition, participants in the Authentic Leadership Academy will connect, engage, and be inspired in their leadership in new and transformative ways.
- Gain a renewed perspective on leadership that can be applied to all aspects of your life.
- Learn the difference between a boss and a leader and what it takes to earn the right to be called a leader.
- Discover how the defining moments in our life shape and reshape the discovery of our authentic leadership.
- Tap into the power of personal purpose and clear values.
- Discover the true source of leadership power – your authentic presence – and how to connect deeply with it.
- Reframe pain and trauma in your life to deepen your presence and awaken to possibility.
- Inspire others by bravely facing your shadow aspects.
- Learn a new and inspiring approach to accountability.
- Acquire the missing link to sustained talent engagement and retention.
- Make the priority of self-care an ethical responsibility.
- Learn a coach-approach to leadership: create a safe space to grow and express; persuade with trust; communicate with influence.
- Build a uniquely tailored, inspiring growth plan for yourself.