Course DescriptionExplore the project procurement processes, from the initial procurement decision, through the solicitation process, to contract award, administration, and closure. Examine the interaction of these processes and how they overlap with the other areas of project management. Learn effective strategies to successfully manage key partners and vendors, and acquire the tools and techniques to manage each contract life cycle.
This course follows the methodology of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Apply procurement and contract management practices on a work related or personal project.
- Demonstrate skills in designing and managing an efficient and effective project procurement process.
- Demonstrate techniques for effective management of contracts and purchase orders.
- Apply the procurement and contract management process to reduce the potential for issues, disputes, and claims on purchase orders or contracts.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Project Management Fundamentals Certificate : Core Courses