Best-in-class organizations embrace mentoring as an important part of their culture. Mentoring has proven to be extremely effective in engaging employees, recognizing and developing their potential and building learning capacity. In this interactive and experiential workshop, be introduced to a mentoring model that incorporates coaching skills and strategies designed to enhance your mentoring presence. Explore and practise these skills in a safe environment, using real situations from your workplace. Leave with an understanding of what mentoring is, and is not, having gained confidence in utilizing the skills required to establish and maintain an effective mentoring relationship. Focusing on both those receiving mentorship and those in the mentor role, you will be guided on how to establish the relationship and how to develop and excel within it.
- A mentoring model for success
- The difference between your mentor's hat, and the other hats that you wear
- The benefits of mentoring and some possible traps
- The role of coaching skills in successful mentoring: Listening, Curiosity, Powerful Questions
- Acknowledgement and championing
- Designing mentoring relationships: Some dos and don'ts
Certificate for Emerging Leaders: Building Relationships