Increasing crime rates, the proliferation of drugs at work, corporate downsizing and the increasing concern about corporate liability have all caused a heightened concern about violence in the workplace. Learn what tools are needed to implement a prevention program in organizations and to provide for an effective response to a workplace violence incident.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the nature of workplace violence in Canada
- Assess legal liability for an organization
- Demonstrate an awareness of the psychological profile of an offender
- Identify a proactive response to workplace violence
- Plan a response to an act of workplace violence
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Security Management Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses*
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses*
*Note: Applies only to students who were admitted to Certificate in Professional Management prior to October 2018. Please ensure that the course can be credited toward your certificate by reviewing the requirements outlined in your personal record.