In this intensive one-day skill-building course, you will learn how to identify problematic conflict frames wherever and whenever they occur, and practise providing reframing that leads toward resolution. More than merely changing language, reframing can shift the entire perception of an approach to the conflict. As one of the most powerful tools available, reframing can be used effectively in every phase of conflict discussion, from building an atmosphere to identifying issues, exploring interests and reaching agreement.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify situations and statements in which reframing can be used to assist in resolving a conflict.
- Use reframing in a variety of simulated situations.
- Use reframing to identify issues.
- Use reframing to identify interests.
- Use reframing to encourage constructive communication.
- Use reframing to identify goals.
- Use reframing to move beyond impasse.
- Display an increasing level of self-awareness regarding own effectiveness using reframing.
PDS 001 Foundations of Collaborative Conflict Resolution OR
PDS 002 Foundations of Collaborative Conflict Resolution: Workplace Focus AND
PDS 006 Mediation Skills Level I OR
PDS 185 Negotiation Skills Level I