All members of organizations are expected and often required to handle workplace conflicts effectively, yet this can be a challenging task. This course will give you knowledge and skills for assessing workplace conflict, determining whether a collaborative process or a more formal intervention process is needed and choosing the best intervention approach. You will practise analyzing workplace conflicts, and using a collaborative process to intervene as a third party. You will learn to demonstrate leadership in addressing conflict in ways that move all people involved towards mutually agreeable solutions.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the sources, costs, benefits and dynamics of organizational conflict.
- Identify the range of organizational responses to conflict and the spectrum of intervention processes.
- Demonstrate self-assessment of strengths and challenges as a leader in responding to organizational conflict.
- Analyze a specific organizational conflict situation and select an appropriate collaborative intervention process.
- Plan and prepare for the intervention.
- Use a collaborative conflict resolution process to intervene effectively in an organizational conflict.
PDS 001 Foundations of Collaborative Conflict Resolution OR
PDS 002 Foundations of Collaborative Conflict Resolution: Workplace Focus AND
PDS 185 Negotiation Skills Level I