Increase efficiency in performing IELTS exam tasks and improve performance in the four skill areas tested by IELTS: listening, reading, writing and speaking. Students will participate in pair and group work in class and work individually on practice tests. Students will be encouraged to do focused practice in areas of the test that are particularly challenging for them.
Optional courses available to enrol in with ESL 105:
Homestay Program (ESL 900)
Please review International Program Policy.View All ESL Programs
- Students must be 18 years or older.
- Students must fulfil one of the following minimum requirements*:
- IELTS Academic score of 4.5, minimum of 4.0 in other skill areas
- TOEFL IBT score of 34, minimum of 11 in writing
- TOEFL PBT score of 410
- TOEIC score of 490
- Overall CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) of 5
- CAEL score of 40
- Passed level 3 of English Language Program Semester Program with B+
- English Language Program placement test score of level 4
*In the event that students display English language performance that is significantly different from the English language proficiency scores they submitted, the student will be assigned to the course level that aligns with their in-class performance.