BMC 188 - Managing Investigations
UCalgary Continuing Education
Learn how to conduct professional investigations using proven methods and best practices. Topics include: the investigation process, legal issues, types of investigations including harassment and substance abuse, and properly documenting your investigations.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the qualities of an investigator
- Develop an investigation policy and a plan for an investigation
- Identify the types of evidence available and methods to collect and secure it
- Discuss various investigations that may be conducted within organizations
- Research issues of concern to investigators relating to current laws
- Demonstrate the components of a professional investigation report
- Identify research tools, technology, and resources important to an investigator
Required fields are indicated by .