MAN 103 - Mandarin 3
Building upon the foundation laid in levels 1 and 2, continue to enhance your conversation skills in Mandarin. Learn more advanced sentence patterns, develop cultural and language comprehension, and get introduced to some basic, practical Chinese characters.
While expanding the learner’s vocabulary through new clusters of words and phrases under various themes – e.g. expressing past experiences and recent plans, expressing compliments and wishes, talking about weather, seasons and the climate – maintaining the vocabulary already learned from Mandarin 1 and Mandarin 2 is equally important. Thus, we will devote time in each class to review words and phrases already learned.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Express past experiences and recent plans
- Express compliments and wishes
- Talk about the weather, seasons and climate
- Talk about one’s home and describe the surroundings
- Express duration of time and times/frequency of actions
- Improve pronunciation by Pinyin pronunciation drills
- Create your own sentences with new patterns and vocabulary
- Deepen your understanding of the Chinese culture