Develop your fluency in French in this beginner conversation class. The course focuses on pronunciation, idioms, sentence structure, oral expression and short presentations on current topics and themes of interest. Students are given plenty of opportunity to practice speaking and listening by working in pairs and small groups in a relaxed setting.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Have simple conversations in French
- Use basic grammar in simple interactions
- Use the most common tenses (present, past, future)
- Speak French with more confidence
French is spoken in all classes, even at the beginner level.
Full time UCalgary students are eligible for a 25% discount on French courses. You must phone our office at 403-220-2866 to register with the discount. Valid for 2019-2020 academic year.
PrerequisitesFRE 103 French 3 or equivalent
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in French Language and Culture - FSL Foundations : Core Courses